The lacrosse community has lost one of our own with the sudden and tragic passing of David Wang. Those of you who were close to David know of the valiant struggle he waged during these past months with complications to his Kidney Transplant.
David’s passion for lacrosse started in Denver as a player. In 1999, he started coaching with numerous highlights including:
– 2004 – 2009 Coaching with the Denver Lacrosse club focused on developing the youth programs
– 2009 coached the TNT travel club (Dallas TX) that went to the Denver tournament
– 2009 – 2011 Coaching with Allen Lacrosse
– 2011 – 2013 Coaching with St Marks (Dallas TX) including their state championship team in 2013
– 2011 – 2012 Coaching Allen youth lacrosse 5-6 and 7-8 teams taking the 7-8 team to the NTYL championship
– 2013 Assembled youth and high school travel teams including the Fat Buddhas visiting various regional tournaments in Oklahoma and Texas ( and won their division in the Texas Draw tournament)
– 2014 – 2015 Coaching with Allen Lacrosse including Allen’s 2015 state D1 championship appearance
– 2016 volunteered on the Allen Lacrosse host committee for the State Championships in Allen
Throughout the years, David also volunteered countless hours with the other player parents for fundraisers and events that keep various Lacrosse program going. As a parent, David enjoyed watching his kids develop as lacrosse players coaching and mentoring them along the way.
David’s memorial will be Jan 19th from 1:00 – 4:00p at the Twin Creeks Golf course. David did not want a traditional church funeral but instead an opportunity for friends and family to gather and share memories.
In lieu of flowers, his family has created a go fund me page : https://www.gofundme.com/